Kappa Epsilon Psi Military Sorority Inc. is a Sorority of more than 2,000 female veterans of the Armed Forces. Mentorship of future leaders is one of the three principles of our organization’s mission. One of the ways that the Xi Chapter of Kappa Epsilon Psi Military Sorority Inc. supports the mentorship of future leaders is by providing financial resources to pursue a college education.
The Augusta Xi chapter will be awarding two (2) scholarships in the amount of $500 each to one high school senior and one college undergraduate student who meet the criteria listed below:
Applicant must be:
- High school senior or undergraduate college student that resides in or attends a public, private or charter high school or college within Richmond, Columbia and Burke counties.
- Have at least a 2.8 cumulative Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale
- Complete online application form ( Click here for Application)
- Applicant must have a Gmail account to access application
- Provide official High School transcript
- Provide typed list of academic, athletic and extracurricular activities
- Provide one letter of verification of Community Service (signed by Mentor/event POC)
- Provide one typed letter of recommendation from choice of the following:
- o High School Teacher o High School Counselor o Organizational Sponsor o Volunteer Coordinator o Community Leader o High School Principal o Employer
Recommendations of family members that serve in these categories will not be accepted
- 500 word essay typed in Times New Roman font 12 and double spaced on the following:
Address an area of concern that is within your community or nationally that you have an involvement or interest in; and explain how you support or would support solutions for this concern through your personal community service.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by MARCH 14, 2018.
Applicants will be notified via email of the award status no later than April 15, 2018.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please email the scholarship committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.